Wednesday, March 12, 2014

O&G Rampage Prep Part 2

Progress is continuing on my O&G Army for Midwest Rampage 2014. The tournament calls for 3000 points and as of today I have 839 points painted.

Here is my current progress I am trying to get my Black Orc unit painted up.

 
 
The centerpiece of the unit is a Black Orc Boss being carried by 4 other Black Orcs. I picked this up about 20 years ago in Germany and believe the manufacturer was Grenadier. I thought that it would add character to the unit and be a great unit filler. Here are a couple details:
 

Musician and Standard Bearer

 
Big Boss
 
 
I used a Dark Angels Green for a base coat on the Black Orcs, did a wash of Nuln Oil, layered with Waaagh Flesh followed by a highlight of Warboss Green. I defintiely wanted the Black Orcs to have a much darker tone than the standard Orcs.
Armour was painted with Boltgun Metal followed by a wash of Nuln Oil, drybrushed then with Ironbreaker. The leather parts were painted with Oiled Leather from Reaper Paints and washed with Devlan Mud.
 
Regarding basing which I am doing uniform throughout, I am using products from Woodland Scenics. after painting the base brown I lay down a thin layer of white elmers glue and dip the model in a container containing "Burnt Grass". After this has dried, I randomly place droplets of glue and dip in a a container of rock I chose. This is followed up by a fine green grass. If the base allows for it such as the trolls, I will add lichen to act as small shrubs and add "Field Grass" to act as dead foliage.
 
Now that I have these parts done, I am down to a giant and night goblins for my newer miniatures. Everything else is at least 20 years old and it will be nice to get paint on them and have a very unique looking army. Unit later....

No comments:

Post a Comment